- 1/2 cup aw almonds (soaked overnight in cool water, or 1-2 hours in very hot water, or blanched for 15 minutes)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley (or basil)
- 1/4 tsp hing
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 butternut medium squash
- 1/2 lb lasagna noodles (no-boil or cooked as per package directions)
Cashew spinach ricotta:
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5-6 oz spinach
- 1/4 cup (tightly packed) chopped fresh basil
- Preheat over to 425 F
- Blend soaked almonds with water on high speed blender until fully liquified. Strain the almond milk.
- Blend soaked cashews with lemon, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and water until a creamy consistency. In a bowl massage the vegan ricotta into the baby spinach and chopped basil, throughly covering every leaf
- Cut the butternut squash in half, remove seeds and slice 1/4-1/2 inch slabs.
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan. Add hing, oregano and parsley and let toast for 15-30 seconds. Then add almond milk and stir. Bring to a boil and add flour gradually, whisking frequently for 3-4 minutes until a creamy sauce is made. Add another half cup of water
- In a 9 x 13 (or similar size) glass or ceramic baking dish add 1/3 of the sauce to the bottom of the dish and spread it evenly. Then add a layer of noodles followed by a lawyer of the spinach ricotta and butternut squash slices. Repeat again. Finish assembling the lasagna with a final layer of noodles and sauce on top. Garnish with freshly cut basil. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the butternut squash is fully tender (check with a knife)
- Let the lasagna cool down and set. Enjoy warm.